WE'VE MOVED! Please update your records with our new contact information. ZALKIN, 1965 Statham Drive, Statham, GA 30666. Our contact numbers have not changed.
Roll On Type Bottle Capper
Our CA Series Roll On Type Bottle Capper applies Roll On Pilfer Proof (ROPP) aluminum closures to glass and plastic bottles for a variety of industries at speeds up to 800 bottles per minute. Each sealing head is equipped with multiple hardened steel rollers to form the shell precisely to the bottle finish, assuring a secure, leak proof, tamper evident package. Dual roller cam followers captured in a dual cam track, coupled with a heavy duty rotary bottle table allow for top loads in excess of 700 pounds.
Fowler continues to be the bottle capper company of choice for most of the premium Distilled Spirits bottlers in the USA. Our experience in applying metal ROPP closures and day-to-day operation of hundreds of bottle cappers for this market allows us the distinct advantage over other bottle capper companies.
The CA Series offered by Fowler is a customized roll on type bottle cappers with several features available for use. With high speeds and high accuracy, the CA Series is not only quick, it is reliable. The speed on the CA Series ranges from 10 to 800 bottles per minute.
The construction on the CA Series is also reliable. Build with heavy duty rotary bottle table, a two part epoxy painted base frame or optional 304L stainless steel, your roll on type bottle capper CA Series is built to last.Fowler Pro Mach, Inc. http://www.zalkincapping.com/products/roll-on-type-bottle-capper-ca-series/
Features & Specs
- Speeds range from 10 to 800 bottles per minute
- Standard frame sizes, 320, 360, 480, 600, 640 and 720 for a variety of line speeds
- Multiple hardened steel rollers for precise closure forming
- Cap pick up by bottle finish
- Available in left to right or right to left bottle flow configuration
- Rugged construction for many years of three shift operational capability
- Two part epoxy painted base frame, turret top plate, head carrier and center column. Optional 304L Stainless Steel is available
- Heavy duty rotary bottle table to allow for top loads in excess of 700 pounds to provide proper application of ROPP style closures
- Available with electrical package for Class 1/Div 1/Group D or Intrinsically Safe installation
- Central Lubrication with manual pump
- Optional Multi Functionality to provide for plugging (Champagne and "T" Corks), ROPP (short and long skirt) and plastic CT screw caps on one machine
- Available as a Twin Turret capper for the application of ROPP closures with a screw-on fitment
- Synchronization package (electrical or line shaft) for speed following of filler is available
In addition to the standard machine components that many of our competitors list as optional, Fowler offers a wide selection of unique Options or Upgrades. Every Option and Upgrade listed has proven to provide value well beyond its initial cost and was developed to meet a very specific customer or market need. If you require a feature that is not listed below, we are interested in learning what we can do to help satisfy your need.
- Allen Bradley 5/05 (5/04 is standard): Available to allow Ethernet communications with capper. Option includes Ethernet capable interface screen and hub
- Allen Bradley PLC-5: Available as required to conform to plant standard. Not recommended as current technology is superior and less costly
- Allen Bradley Control Logix: Current state-of-the-art Programmable Logic Controller. Provides for expanded control functions. Recommended for complex machines equipped with multiple options and electronic cappers
- Allen Bradley Flex I/O : I/O Module to provide for simplified wiring of I/O from capper to the main control panel. Also available for use on filler where synchronization is provided
- Allen Bradley PanelView 1000 (standard on some models): PanelView 700 Operator Interface touch screen is the standard on machines where machine functions require limited HMI. For machines which require greater detail and depth, the AB PanelView 1000 is supplied as the standard. All Fowler supplied touch screens are housed in a NEMA 4X stainless steel box with hard wired switches for Power On/Off, Start, Cycle Stop, Jog and E-Stop functions
- Allen Bradley VersaView CE 1250H with "On Board" machine manual: VersaView CE1250 Operator Interface touch screen is available to provide expanded man/machine interface capability. Windows CE based platform allows for "On Board" machine manual as well as true graphic representation of fault condition, such as identifying which guard door is creating an "open guard door" fault. All operator interfaces include hard wired switches for the most common controls to reduce wear on the touch screen
- Anti-Rotation Belt Restraint: Used to hold round glass or plastic bottles as the closures is being applied and where the anti-rotation neck support feature is not practical. Belt acts as a moving back guide and is kept tight against the back of the container by the use of a pneumatic tensioner. The belt also acts to hold the container in the pocket of the turret star. Belt can be of various material depending on the container. Generally not suitable for hot fill applications or extremely pliable container side walls
- Anti-Rotation Neck Support Star and Guide: Used to provide anti-rotation and bottle support during cap application, the anti-rotation neck support and guide is installed on virtually every Fowler/Zalkin capper where hot filled PET containers are being run. Sharp "points," milled into the top surface of the stainless steel pocket or "chimnee," are pushed into the underside of the rigid PET neck ring during top loading as the cap is screwed on, keeping the bottle from spinning when torque is applied. Additionally the pocket acts to keep the soft bottle from compressing when top load is applied. Bottles are placed into the infeed guide as they exit the infeed screw and enter the infeed star of the capper. Once in the guide, the neck support ring is in the proper position for transfer onto the star pocket "points." The neck support star and guide assembly is interchangeable to accommodate various bottle finish sizes and can be used as a support device only (pocket less "points") for bottles such as hot filled polypropylene, where the "points" could damage the containers. Finally, use of the Neck Support Star and Guide provides a very positive finish locating and bottle leveling device, resulting in superior cap application consistency. Quoted as a standard component on hot fill and food grade cappers where round containers are being run
- Bottle Conveyor Infeed and Discharge Cross-Overs: Fowler/Zalkin cappers are equipped with a fixed length of continuous bottle conveyor channel through the capping machine which is suitable for use with existing or proposed up/down stream conveyor chain type. This conveyor channel is supplied to functionally and "aesthetically" face mount to the existing up/down stream channel and as part of the standard capper, no chain or drive/gear-motor is provided. Should the line layout dictate, the capper can be optionally supplied with the conveyor assembly to move containers from an upstream conveyor, onto the through conveyor of the capper and then onto the downstream conveyor. The conveyor is designed to side transfer without dead plates and is supplied as turn-key, with chain, drive and gear-motor, side transfer rails and integration with capper for run condition control. Total overall length is quoted per foot as required
- Bottle Rejection and Sampling: Fowler has equipped cappers with our bottle rejection and sampling option for line speeds up to 550 per minute. Higher speeds are subject to container testing. The option consists of sensors to detect missing, high or cocked caps where the traditional mechanical capper is provided or the added feature of "out of torque" available with the electronic capper. Vision can add additional detection features. The unique Fowler Bottle Rejection and Sampling option consists of the necessary sensors, a modular rejection assembly consisting of three or four linear motors which form a secondary back guide to the capper discharge star when actuated in series, a secondary rejection conveyor and all related control software. The option includes verification sensors to assure that a bottle sending a reject signal is placed onto the reject conveyor. Incorporated into the option is the Sampling feature which allows for one bottle from each head, one bottle from one unique head, or multiple bottles from one unique head, to be diverted to the reject conveyor for sampling
- Corrosion Resistant Construction: Cappers installed in harsh environments, such as hot fill, acidic products, with caustic wash downs are typically constructed with the maximum use of stainless steel, either 304L or as required, 316L. Further, to keep high pressure, hot caustic wash down from causing lubrication break-down, additional attention to the upper turret shielding construction is provided, including venturi steam extractors to pull steam away from the upper turret chamber. Finally, the base is constructed such that all table top pass through holes are "O" ring sealed as are the base access doors, to provide a six sided, sealed base in which the main drive components are housed. Optional on some models, corrosion resistant construction (using 304L) is standard on "food grade" and hot fill juice/isotonic packaging lines where cap steaming is typically used
- Dual Purpose Head Slides: Often required in the Distilled Spirits industry is the ability to apply plastic screw caps as well as roll-on, pilfer proof (ROPP) style closures. Typically this has meant the use of two dedicated machine for each task. By offering the Dual Purpose Head Side option, one machine, equipped with interchangeable heads for the two unique capping styles, is made possible. Machines can be further customized to allow for screw capping or ROPP sealing on half the heads, for instance heads 1, 3 and 5, while heads 2, 4 and 6 are fitted with plugging heads to install bar or "T" corks. This same machine can be further customized, using the Multiple Spindle Speed option, to allow for using all 6 stations to apply one style cap, thus doubling the line speed
- Explosion Proof Electricals (Class 1, Div 1, Group D): As Fowler designs and builds the main control panels and electrical systems installed on the capping machines and capping system support equipment, explosion proofing is a routine option. These machines are most often supplied for the distilled spirits and chemical products industries. Buyers should be aware that the supply of explosion proof electrical components adds substantially to the overall cost of the machine
- Intrinsically Safe Electricals (Class 1, Div 2, Group D): For applications that require electrical components and design which complies with the NEC code for Intrinsically safe design, Fowler equipment is available to meet this need. Barrier technology is most often used to satisfy code, allowing the use of the most common electrical features, such as the touch screen HMI
- Light tower: with or without audible
- Menu Selectable Automatic Height
- Multiple Spindle Speed (Gear Stack): The Multiple Spindle Speed option allows for the application of multiple thread start closures on one machine by a simple change to the spindle speed effected by a gear ratio change. The ratio is pre-determined at the factory for single thread start caps, double and multi-thread (3, 4, 7 or no rotation for push down closures) and is changed by moving a timing belt from one gear set to another. The gear stack is located conveniently on the turret top plate for easy access. Changeover is accomplished in a matter of seconds and, unlike the VFD version, is properly fixed for the appropriate speed needed to apply the cap
- Multiple Spindle Speed (VFD): The Multiple Spindle Speed option allows for the application of multiple thread start closures on one machine by the use of a Variable Frequency Drive controlling a gear-motor installed on the upper turret top plate. Spindle speed control is infinite, providing the ability to optimize the head rotation to match the thread profile. This option is available per customer's preference, however, due to the possibility of an improperly set speed, mis-applied caps can occur more readily than when using the gear stack multiple spindle speed option
- Main Control Panel Air Conditioning: An optional air conditioner, supplied by Hoffman is available to provide climate control for the main electrical panel
- NEMA 12X Stainless Steel Double Door Control Panel: Standard on some models
- NEMA 4X Control Panel
- Nitrogen Gas: To helps assure product freshness, Fowler has provided integration of third party nitrogen gas systems to reduce the level of residual oxygen in the head space. A manifold is installed over the infeed screw of the capper to flood the head space with nitrogen gas. Additional gas manifolds are installed at the cap transfer and in the turret area to assure a nitrogen rich environment immediately prior to cap placement
- Nitrogen Liquid Dosing: Third party liquid dosing equipment has been installed by Fowler to provide for the evacuation of oxygen from containers of dry products, such as peanuts, or to provide pressure to soft wall containers like those used in bottled water. A droplet of liquid nitrogen is placed in each container as it enters the filler or passes from the filler to the capper. Dosing systems with speeds typically exceeding the speed of the capping equipment are readily available. Two of the better known systems are Vacuum Barrier Corporation and VBS Industries, Inc.
- No Bottle - No Cap
- Preparation For Future Doubling Of Head
- Quick Release Cap Handling Components
- ROPP Stainless Steel Sealing Head: Fowler/Zalkin offers the range of sealing heads with stainless steel construction for applications which require corrosion resistances and "food grade" construction
- Self-lubricating Head Slides: Nitrate treated or stainless steel
- Six Sided, Sealed Base
- Stainless Steel Wireway Connection: Capper to main panel
- Strongarm XYZ Swing Arm: The Strongarm brand operator interface mounting system is well known in the industry as a durable HMI mounting system which provides the maximum range, in three dimensions, of interface placement for operator convenience. The unit can be mounted on any of the four machine frame posts or turret support cross members
- Synchronization: Electrical or mechanical
- Telescoping Cap Chutes
- UL Approved Control Panel
Roll On - Bottle Capping Machines
These systems ensure customers receive tightly sealed roll-on bottle capped products.
View full description